Some Of The Reasons Why You Should Review Your Investments Regularly
- To ensure that they are on track to fulfil the purpose you put them in place for. Consider the implications of not being in a position to pay a bill when due, buy a house (for you or your children) when you had planned to do, retire by a certain age. The list goes on.
- If your investments are not on track, discuss options with your adviser to get them back on track and agree a plan with him/her to monitor progress. Make further changes as appropriate.
- Ensuring that you fully understand the investment risk you are taking, that it is appropriate to your circumstances, and is comfortable to you. You should also be fully aware of how much money you could potentially lose or gain.
- If you don’t understand the risks associated with the investments you have in place, you should discuss options with your adviser to have your risk profile amended.
- It is entirely possible and appropriate to allocate different risk profiles to different pots of money dependent on the timeframe over which the money has been invested and when you need to use it.
- Target Dates – If you are in sight of one of the events you are investing for (some examples of which were considered in 1) what should you be doing? How would your plans be affected if there was a sudden crash in financial markets just before your intended retirement?
- Fees – Are you fully aware of the total costs to you in running your current investments? If not, you should be. Fees have a negative effect on investment performance and any improvements that can be made will assist you in achieving your financial objectives.
If you feel that any of the areas mentioned above require some attention in your particular case, we at Abacus Wealth Management Limited would be delighted to help.
We offer an initial meeting free of charge during which we will seek to understand your situation and identify where and how we may be able to help you. We will also explain our fees to you so that there are not any surprises if you do decide to work with us.
Contact us to arrange a meeting as follows:
Telephone +350 20042967