This policy outlines:
- What information we collect about you and why when you visit the website
- How we use your personal information
- How we protect your personal information
- What rights you have in relation to the personal information that we hold about you
Abacus Wealth Management Ltd (AWML) is deemed to be a ‘data controller’. Unless we are obliged or permitted to do so by law, we will not disclose of any of your data to another third party without your consent.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect the following data, which includes personal data from you, when you visit our website:
- Name and job title
- Contact details such as email addresses or telephone numbers
- Demographic information should as preferences and interests
- Reason for getting in touch (i.e. – Investment advice, tax planning, pensions, financial protection)
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and form submissions
Where you are looking to obtain a life assurance quotation, we are required to collect your date of birth, occupation and smoker status. In the event that you are looking to add a third party onto your insurance quotation, please ensure you have received their consent prior to submitting their information.
WHY WE COLLECT THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
The data collected will be used by us to:
- Contact you if have clicked the ‘Contact Us’ button
- Provide you with an Insurance Quotation where this has been requested
WHY CAN WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will contact you based on the understanding that you have submitted your personal details, requesting further information from us, which we deem to be a legitimate business interest.
The legal basis that we will use for processing your personal information when obtaining a life Insurance Quotation is contractual.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Data that you enter into the website will be sent directly to us to enable us to enact upon your request. Once we have received the data and contacted you, no data is retained, unless we go on to do business with you (in which case you will receive a further privacy notice) or we have obtained consent from you to remain in contact.
Whilst it is not envisaged that your personal data will be shared with 3rd parties (except where life insurance quotations are requested), in the event that this is required we will ensure that appropriate security measures are in place.
LOCATION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The recipients of any personal data submitted on the website will be staff members of Abacus Wealth Management Ltd and all data is retained Gibraltar.
RETENTION PERIOD OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If after our initial conversation you proceed to enter into a business relationship with us, we will provide you with further information as to what information we will hold about you, why this information is collected and how long this information is retained.
If you have provided us with consent to remain in contact with you, we will deem your consent to be valid for 12 months. After which your data will be deleted, unless we have formed a business relationship with you, or you have confirmed you are still happy for us to remain in contact with you.
In relation to the data that we hold about you, you may have the following rights:
- Right to be informed – you have the right to ask to see what data we hold about.
- Right to access – to your personal data. If you wish to obtain a copy of the information, we hold about you please contact the relevant individual (contact details below) in writing with the subject ‘Subject Access Request’. Generally, the information will be provided within one month, however, please be aware that we will take necessary takes to evidence your identity prior to releasing any personal information for your own security.
- Right to rectification – if you believe the information, we hold about you to be incorrect or incomplete you have the right to ensure this rectified. For further information please contact the individual stated below. This rectification should typically be complete within one month.
- Right to erasure – also known as the right to be forgotten. In specific circumstances you will have the right to have your personal data erased or to prevent processing. We can refuse your request for erasure if we have a legal obligation to continue to hold your data.
- Right to object – in the event that you no longer wish for us to contact us. Please let us know but emailing us below.
Further information can be obtained from
RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLIANT
Whilst we would like to be given the opportunity to put right any issues you may have initially; you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority) if you are unhappy with how we have handled your personal data.
Tel: (+350) 20074636
DATE LAST REVIEWED: March 2023